Registration for Angel Tree recipients for Christmas 2018 will continue Monday through Thursday, November 5th ,6th, 7th, and 8th from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at The Salvation Army Corps Offices, located at 325 Linden Street in Big Rapids. Registration is also available on November 8th from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at this location.
In addition, an off-site registration will take place at Barryton Church of Christ, located at 18221 30th Ave, in Barryton on Wednesday, November 7th from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Required documents for registration include:
- Picture ID with current local address
- Proof of all household income
- ID for each child being registered that shows their date of birth
- If not the biological parent, custody or guardianship papers
- Parent/guardian – Must know last 4 digits of social security number
The Salvation Army’s Angel Tree Program, in partnership with the community, provides free Christmas gifts to children in Mecosta, Osceola, Lake, and Newaygo Counties. Anyone interested in supporting the Angel Tree Program should look for collection boxes and Angel Tree Tags in the community. Toys can then be purchased and donated to the program.
If you have a question or would like to volunteer to help with The Angel Tree Program, call (231) 796-5597 or visit sabigrapids.org for more information.